Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A big week in reality.

I must confess that I love reality tv. Not the crass, attention-seeking losers that adorn the hours on MTV or VH1, but the "quality" shows of the main networks; Biggest Loser, Survivor, Amazing Race, etc. I LOVE competition shows! Not competitions to sleep around or fall in "love" with strangers but real competitions/challenges that these 3 shows thrive on. Now all of my shows have ended the fall season and 2 out of the 3 shows ended with my favorite people winning!

First of all, I *heart* Bob from Survivor. I am so glad that the good guy finally won. Not only the oldest ever winner, but the most (as it appears) intelligent, kind-hearted, crafty (in a good way), humble and honest. I have watched Survivor for years and I have never been so happy to see all of the drama unfold and the best person win. Suzie is nice, but just that, nice. Not much game play, no out-witting, no out-playing. Only out-lasting. Sugar was a great competitor and actually one of the strongest players, but she burned many of bridges to get there and didn't receive one vote. Not even a pity vote. Bob won both the competition and the viewer vote, walking away with not only a million, but a million, one hundred thousand. I think that is the first time that one person won both. Very telling. Bob, if you were my physics teacher, I may have liked science.

Amazing Race, my all-time favorite show ended, and pouting Star and her brother won. Not my favorite. But, out of the top three, I guess they were the best competitors. My favorite team ended up in forth place, not good enough for the finale. I still think this is the best reality show on tv and the Emmys consistently agree. I always cry at the finales, with the teams running in through the past competitors; cheesy, but good tv.

And lastly, Biggest Loser ended last night. I am SO thankful America for not voting Heba in the finale. I voted for Ed because both wanted Heba to win. Therefore, she did not deserve it, in my opinion. Ed blew the last challenge to allow his wife an easy in. Not so fast buster. You deserved it to! Vicki is reality tv's Satan; evil-playing, down-right mean, crass and did I say evil? Amy should have voted her out when she had the chance. Therefore, Michelle was my fav to win, and win she did!!! The girl lost 110 pounds, but more importantly, found her voice, her confidence and self-esteem. Reality tv at its best!

No comments: