Tuesday, July 1, 2008

About Jen

Everyone that knows me, knows that tv is my altar. As I am not a religious person, I worship each night to the lighted box in my rec room, on my comfy couch with my pug Lulu curled up beside me. (note, I am married, with a personal life...so I am not a total hermit) I am a devoted fan of the DVR and have owned one since they first came out. Now, not only can I watch a tv program, I am no longer responsible enough to know when it is actually on tv, what channel or if it is a dreaded re-run. The DVR puts the "L" in lazy! Once you have one, I dare you to go back.

I have been a tv junkie since the days of Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Full House, Smurfs and The Cosby Show. Whenever I was in trouble, I was the kid that was grounded from tv, because that was really the only thing that hurt.

My spouse and I have "conversations" regarding my tv lifestyle and how it will affect our future children. (we are in the fertility process..not fun) My theory is with the DVR, I will watch my shows when the kid(s) goes to bed. I have to admit, I do not want my children to be tv junkies, and I will have to lead by example, or so they will think! Maintaining a tv lifestyle can at times, be stressful. (don't laugh) There is only so much tv a girl can watch in a week, and then trying to maintain upkeep of a house, job (yes, I work full time and watch tv full time), family, etc. it can be overwhelming. But, my tv is here to stay, I will be try my hardest to provide commentary and some mild entertainment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Spouse seems like a very understanding person!