Thursday, February 4, 2010

Big Boy

Yesterday Connor turned 7 weeks old and has started to sleep for longer periods at night between feedings (4 to 4.5 hours!) and thus we are going to start the transition from the pack-n-play in our room to his big boy crib. Time is continuing to fly by and he is becoming such a little man. This morning we ran errands to Target and the grocery store and he was as content as can be in his car seat, looking around. His personality is blossoming everyday and he is starting to smile in reaction to my voice, not just from gas. :)

Everyday I continue to be in heaven, staying home with him and taking care of his daily needs. I am already dreading going back to work as I will miss the little daily moments that we currently share. We really don't have a set routine yet, but we are managing to make it day by day. He is still eating like a champ and progressing from one boob at each feeding to both. This tells me that his quantity is increasing and my body is changing once more to keep up with this added production. Luckily, I am still able to feed him and pump multiple times a day to have a nightly bottle ready for Tiff's feeding, as well as a daily freezer bag for future (daycare) use. I am still grateful for my amazing production and Connor seems to be thriving on the milk that I produce. Next Friday the 12th we have his next appointment and I can't wait to see his growth! I think he is at least 12 pounds, if not more.

Our little man is a joy to be around and he is growing up so quickly. I have always heard the cliche from mother's saying, "oh, they grow up so fast".... OR, "they don't stay babies for very long" and it does in fact seem to be true. He is growing so quickly that we have a rubber.maid already full of clothes he has outgrown. Where does time go?

1 comment:

manpret kapor said...

Great animation, and writing. I'll look forward to reading this site for a long time.