Monday, September 22, 2008

with love, from Emmy

Last night was award night for television; the Emmy's were on in prime time. It was the 60th anniversery of the award show and there were some cool, and not so cool, montages to the history of television. I loved the stage sets from various shows, the musical montage of 30 tv theme songs by Josh Groban (who knew he could do a south park homage) Betty White and Lily Tomlin.

It was night of 30 Rock, Mad Men and Damages. I don't watch 30 Rock; not big on sitcoms and comedy skits although I believe the critics when they say it is genius. Mad Men, a AMC drama set in 1960s NYC advertising mayhem is the new kid on the block and it can beat up any other kid on the playground! It is freakin' amazing. T and I just watched the 1st season on DVD and it is amazing, did I just say that. The sets, fashions, acting and storylines are top notch and them winning the Emmy for Best Drama atests to that. They are currently in their second season and I believe Mad Men will be around for awhile. Way to go, AMC.

Damages, a FX thriller new last year, won multiple acting awards. They won because it was, in my opinion, the best acting on television. Damages is a legal rollercoaster of death, lies and videotapes, and I personally can not wait for the 2nd season to return. Simply Fab.

This week starts up many of the new fallseasons for the big networks. Heroes, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Grey's and ER return throughout the next 4 days and you can be sure I will be watching!

No comments: